“Oyu Tolgoi” LLC (the 'Company') would like to invite potential and/or experienced suppliers to submit their Expression of Interest (EOI) in relation to supply of “Secondary Blasting Products”.
[An EOI is only a preliminary step to a formal tender process to understand and identify whether there are potential suppliers in the market that are interested in and capable of satisfying the procurement needs]
The Oyu Tolgoi underground mine is in the final phase of Panel 0 development, with drawbell blasting expected to commence in October 2021. The drawbells are expected to generate large oversize rocks that need to be broken down to smaller manageable sizes so they can be effectively delivered to the crusher. This EOI is for the supply secondary blasting products to support the breakage of oversize rocks or assist in dislodging hangups.
The scope below describes the requirement of the products:
- Product can be supplied in different size range (30g – 500g) for breaking different size rocks,
- Product is suitable to be used in holes drilled by a Jumbo (45mm – 64mm),
- Product to releases non-noxious gases when used for secondary breakage enabling product to be used during the shift. The product used is to have an oxygen balance positive reaction when initiated,
- Product has trigger current greater than 1 Amp,
- Product can be used with less than 50m exclusion zone in place when breaking rocks,
- Product has ability to be either stemmed on both ends or can self-stem on both ends when used in holes,
- Supplier can supply long lead wire (minimum 15m) with the product offered,
- Supplier shall be required to supply and deliver secondary blasting products in quantities as required by the company,
- If new or non-conventional products are proposed, the company may propose a trial quantity to validate product performance before committing to bulk purchase,
- Provision of technical support relevant to the supply.
Interested and experienced suppliers are invited to submit their EOI must include/attach, as a minimum, the following documentations / information:
- State registration certificate (copy)*
- HSE policy & procedures (copy)*
- Business Code of Conduct (copy)*
- Audited Financial statement from last 3 years (copy)*
- Brief introduction of company (copy)*
- Ownership/ shareholder information such as Company charter (copy)*
- Executive team structure/ introduction (copy)*
- Organization structure & Total manpower (copy)*
*If latest copies are already uploaded in “Oyu” Supplier Database, please make a note in the submission document(s) and no need to re-submit.
Scope specific documents:
- Scope specific experience,
- Customer reference, if applicable,
- Products information relevant to the supply,
- Product performance results (quantity and types of gases released when initiated)
- Product MSDS.
Any interested suppliers who wishes to participate in the EOI, must be registered in “Oyu” supplier database. If you have not registered in “Oyu” database, please register at https://oyu-supplierdatabase.ot.mn/.
EOI documents must be prepared in Mongolian and/or English and must be submitted via “Oyu” Supplier database before 5pm, (Ulaanbaatar time) 09 November 2020.
- The Company is only seeking Expression of Interest from potential suppliers and makes no representation or promise in relation to procuring work from a supplier or suppliers.
- The Company reserves the right to refuse any document(s) which is incomplete or submitted after the specified date & time.
- The Company will not accept any EOIs stored in internet storage or in any other webpages and links.
- The Company will not be responsible for any costs associated with preparing and submitting an Expression of Interest to the Company.
- There will be no Questions and Answers provided during the EOI process.
“OYU TOLGOI” LLC