Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 95 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for one (1) Welding Trainer in our Operational Safety Training department based at Oyu Tolgoi mine with roster of 14 days on and 7 days off. This is one year fixed term opportunity.
The primary purpose of this role is to deliver practical welding skills and technical knowledge to the AQTF standards and develop the welding trade apprentices and tradesmen through delivery of competency based training and assessment programs so that they can gain their Certificate III in welding qualification.
What the role entails
- Ensure the safety of all welding apprentice/tradesman in promoting risks identification, mitigation and management.
- Coach, mentor, train and assess apprentices and tradesman on the ‘Competent’ performance of their daily duties.
- Deliver classroom based knowledge courses and assessment as required across a wide range of welding topics.
- Develop training course content and assessments as required.
- Evaluate training to ensure our ability to meet the training needs of welders to the AQTF, achieve learning objectives and address specific units of competency
- Liaising with internal work groups, committees and stakeholders in order to remain current on training issues and associated Welding legislation and standards.
- Develop a safety culture through training and personal interactions whilst ensuring that all work undertaken in areas of responsibility comply with existing safety legislation and is in full compliance with applicable HSE standards.
What you will need for this role
- Welder Mongolian Professional certificate.
- Certificate III in Engineering – Fabrication Trade or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 year experience working in welding equipment environment.
- Experience working with AQTF standards and other international standards are highly desirable.
- Strong training and assessing skills.
- Excellent Mongolian and intermediate English language skills (verbal and written)
- Good computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.