Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 95 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for five (5) Translators in our Oyu Tolgoi Underground Project-Business Services department based at Oyu Tolgoi mine with roster of 14 days on and 7 days off.
What the role entails
- Provide written, verbal, and field translation services to OTUG teams on site
- Manage and maintain translation tools and resources effectively
- Material contribution to reducing Mongolian-English language barriers in the group
- Provide timely support and feedback to the department manager facilitating management decision making process
- Initiate, develop, and maintain effective and sustainable relationships with external stakeholders
- Manage work relationships effectively ensuring compliance with all procedures and processes
- Ensure that original meaning of a text is not lost
- Ensure technical terms are correctly translated
- Ensure translation is grammatically correct
- Conduct verbal translation during meetings when required
- Following ethical codes that protect the confidentiality of information
What you will need for this role
- Degree in Linguistics, English and Mongolian Languages or related field
- Proficiency in computing and windows based software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project Manager) and translation tools and software
- Fluency in English and Mongolian languages - written and oral
- Excellent writing and grammatical skills both in English and Mongolian
- Self-motivated and strong desire to acquire new knowledge
- Ability to work efficiently under tight schedules and deadlines
- Knowledge of various specialties with focus in Mining, Engineering or related field would be valuable.
- Additional experience including law, business, finance, and environment would be valuable
- Ability to work independently and in a team based environment
- Ability to work well with people from different backgrounds
- Strong demonstrated commitment to safety
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.