Trainer, Safety and Induction
Oyu Tolgoi in Mongolia is a copper-gold mine consisting of an open pit mine and underground development, processing plant and supporting infrastructure to produce high grade copper and gold concentrates. Oyu Tolgoi will utilise a Mongolian workforce that will be trained to effectively operate and maintain the processing plant. Oyu Tolgoi's workforce is more than 94 per cent Mongolian.
We are looking for one (1) Trainer, Safety and Induction in our HR and Capability Developmentdepartment based at Oyu Tolgoi mine with roster of 14 days on and 7 days off.
The primary purpose of this position is to deliver Induction and Safety training that will equip Oyu Tolgoi employees, contractors and community stakeholders to better manage risk and personal safety. The incumbent will be accountable for the consistent delivery of course and safety information to exacting standards in quality and professionalism.
Nothing matters more than safety. Oyu Tolgoi operates under the principle that if a job cannot be done safely, it will not be done at all.
What the role entails
- Deliver Oyu Tolgoi Generic Safety Inductions
- Facilitate site specific inductions and on boarding processes where required
- Deliver technical safety training courses
- Facilitate compliance training
- Prepare and deliver community and cultural awareness training and information packages that promote community safety and tolerance
- Roll-out and deliver additional training courses as we transition to build in-house course materials
- Participate in gap training needs analysis to ensure Safety Standards are established and improvement targets are set
- Provide training and development advice to site leaders and employees when required
- Participate in training audits and assessments
- Evaluate training to ensure our ability to meet the training needs of the site, achieve learning objectives and address specific units of competency
- Liaising with both internal and external work groups, committees and stakeholders in order to remain current on training issues and assist in the development of training courses
- Manage training documentation and qualification records according to document management standards
- Translate technical safety training courses and work towards co-facilitation and then independent training delivery.
What you will need for this role
- Degree in HR, Training or Communication
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (or equivalent)
- Excellent experience in HR or Training (designing and delivering training programs for operations workforce, conducting training needs analysis)
- Excellent written and spoken communications skills both in Mongolian and English
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationship
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.