Oyu Tolgoi in Mongolia is a copper-gold mine consisting of an open pit mine and underground development, processing plant and supporting infrastructure to produce high grade copper and gold concentrates. Oyu Tolgoi will utilise a Mongolian workforce that will be trained to effectively operate and maintain the processing plant. Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce is more than 94 per cent Mongolian.
We are looking for two (2) Trainer, Driver in our HR and Capability Development department based at Oyu Tolgoi mine with roster of 14 days on and 7 days off.
The primary purpose of this role is to actively assist the Driver Training team in delivering the training curriculum for Light and Heavy Vehicles drivers of Oyu Tolgoi. The role also ensures that an integrated, systematic quality approach to all Drivers training delivered across relevant operational business units.
What the role entails
- Assist with the development of training material using the templates in accordance with Rio Tinto Copper and Oyu Tolgoi standards
- Assist the Driver Training team to deliver the programs to the OT and contractor employees, these are theory and practical training
- Assist Driver Training Team with the competency assessment of the employees on a regular basis; the trainer will be involved in the development/adaptation of the competency profiles and the assessment tool.
- Integrate HSE aspects in the preparation and delivery of training; can be involved in some risks analysis and incident/accident investigations.
- Complete the attendance list of each delivered session and insure that the data is entered in the training LMS system.
- Working with the permits and licensing administrators to develop and maintain a working schedule of future training delivery.
- Contributing to the Training team by sharing expertise; building skills and capability in order to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Training support.
- Engaging with contractor trainers to improve skills and knowledge in delivering Defensive Driving courses.
- Supporting processes for the on-going alignment of the Training objectives with the changing business needs within the dynamic OT environment.
What you will need for this role
- Diploma or Cert IV in Adult Learning Training and Assessment Systems or equivalent
- Driver’s license of B, C, D, E classes
- 3 to 5 years as driver trainer with light and heavy vehicle mobile equipment
- Experience in designing and delivering training programs for operations workforce
- Experience in an industrial or mining environment is an advantage
- Relevant experience in working with a diverse workforce (different languages and cultures) is preferred
- Training experience in conducting training needs analysis / course design, in applying adult learning principles
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.