Technician Mine Monitoring and Control
Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 95 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for four (4) Technician Mine Monitoring and Control in our Oyu Tolgoi Underground Project - Mine Coordination and Control department based at Oyu Tolgoi mine with the roster of 14 days on and 7 days off.
The purpose of this role is to support the deployment and the operation of underground technical systems by reporting to Senior Engineer MM&C. Specifically, this role will provide technical support to the dispatch and mine control systems and its hardware and infrastructure. Supporting the MM&C culture establishment will be critical.
You will be exposed to safe, innovative and internationally recognised work standards within a working environment that focuses on delivery of world class Underground Project and provides employees with career development, mentoring and leadership support.
What the role entails:
- Engage appropriate resources to ensure that MM&C systems operate with high availability. Resources include external vendors and consultants, internal maintenance teams, and OT IT.
- Provide training and coaching to MM&C end-users and mine controllers on an as needed basis.
- Work with underground stakeholders to ensure the information being collected is relevant, useful, and accurate by assisting captured data and data quality audits. An accurate and trusted data source is important for the operations management and decision support.
- Support underground location signage management.
- Implement and support tools that the underground mining teams require delivering the project safely and efficiently.
- Implement and support technical systems based on an understanding of Oyu Tolgoi’s requirements and available technology.
What you will need for this role:
- Degree in Engineering or related fields is preferred.
- Good in oral and written English communication is preferred.
- Experience working with control room environment (emergency, taxi, logistics dispatch, etc.) is an advantage. Preferably in a mining environment.
- Willing to work underground on an as needed basis.
- Ability to effectively use business software such as mind mapping software, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Visio.
- Ability to work collaboratively with MM&C end-users and vendors.
- Any exposure to underground mine is an advantage.
- Experience with mining management or control systems (Pitram, Modular, Jigsaw, SCADA, etc.) is an advantage.
- Experience in database administration or mining technical systems (SQL, PI, MMRS, etc.) is an advantage.
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.