Technician Instrumentation (3)
Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 94 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for three (3) Technician Instrumentation in our Oyu Tolgoi LLC – Site Infrastructure and Services department based at Oyu Tolgoi mine site with roster of 2 weeks on and 1 week off.
The purpose of this role is to provide technical services and support instrumentation activities of the functional area in line with the company policies and procedures to achieve the team's objectives and targeted plan.
What the role entails
- When necessary, give suggestions on engineering solution and project updates and support the Supervisors
- To make troubleshooting and repair the defect and damage that occur on the instrumentations and automatic control systems, and conduct equipment maintenance, scheduled and routine service and maintenance according to the procedure
- When necessary, lead by your example on the company policy, procedure and safety culture to the contractor company and employees, support and instruct
- When to conduct a repair and service, prepare required spare parts and tools and equipment, utilize properly, effectively and safely
- Always pre-plan and foresee all types of risks that may occur during the maintenance and conduct necessary control method and actions to prevent them and complete the maintenance on planned duration and perform a handover for the operation as per the procedure
- During the maintenance work, need to be aware of cooperating team members and zone of the affects and all related information to be delivered, get necessary permits.
- During the operation of the equipment, if equipment needed to run in breakdown mode or when to operate testing and calibration equipment, need to closely cooperate with operation teams and completely identify all possible risks and take necessary control actions.
- Conduct maintenance and service on time with good quality.
- Improve maintenance schedule and support the Supervisor by providing with information to make a necessary update and change.
What you will need for this role
- Undergraduate or equivalent or higher education obtained through degrees or diplomas from academic college or universities
- Maintenance Engineers or relevant discipline is preferable
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in field
- Demonstrates understanding of basic processes & procedures for installation &
- maintenance activities
- Demonstrates understanding of desired safety behaviors
- To have a knowledge of PLC and industrial automation and SCADA system
- To have a knowledge of measuring and automation instruments and their operation principle feature
- Participation in the plant and workshop automation projects is preferable.
Please click HERE to go to Oyu Tolgoi LLC Online Application System or go to the OT portal, select your vacancy and click on the link in the bottom.
Please make sure to attach the following documents:
- CV (in English and Mongolian)
- Cover Letter (in English and Mongolian)
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.