Technician Geological Services
Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 97 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for one ( 1) Technician Geological Services in Oyu Tolgoi LLC – Resources and Systems department based at Oyu Tolgoi mine site with roster 14 days on and 14 days off. It is one /1/-year fixed term opportunity.
The purpose of this role is to contribute to the team output through quality and on-time completion of assigned tasks, providing services and support on geological and core handling activities of the functional area in line with the company policies and procedures. The role may work with or without direct supervision but always under a close direction from line manager to assist the team output in core handling, collection of quality geological, geotechnical data and providing geological services.
What the role entails
- Assist in organizing and supervising drill site preparation, sump excavation, road building, and other works as necessary to accommodate drill rigs either at surface or underground.
- Assist in all geological field works (soil sampling, field mapping, field sampling and sample dispatching) as directed by the geologists when needed or to improve the work performance.
- Liaise with stakeholders to identify and provide geological service support in their projects and collaborate with team members and peers to ensure effective work programs.
- Retrieve core samples from drill rigs or assist in retrieving core samples from drill rigs and prepare for logging (washing, marking up, and placing on logging rails).
- Core documentation (photography etc.), physical properties measurements, and cutting as directed, including placing the core into permanent storage.
- Data entry of all related data into Geology Database and ensure verification of data entry process.
- Assist in contractor technicians on their core handling tasks and ensure all the procedures are followed.
- Verify the data entry process done by contractor technicians and provide coaching and training when needed.
- Provide on the job training and coaching to new employees (incl. employees with performance improvement needed) and conduct competency assessment.
- Ensure all equipment and tools are maintained in good condition (functioning well, meeting required standards and readily available) and timely inspected as per the standard (put maintenance order when needed).
- Ensure safety standards, processes and procedures are in place and followed by team members, contractors, service providers and stakeholders.
- Actively participate in all HSEC related activities and demonstrate commitment to established standards through actions of self and encouraging positive behavior in others
- Perform other duties as required
What you will need for this role
- Post-secondary or equivalent education obtained through degrees, certificates (e.g., apprenticeship or trades certificate) or diplomas from academic or vocational training centers. Undergraduate degree in Geology, Mining profession can also be applicable.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience, or otherwise the significant practical experience and on the job training.
- Able to take and manage physical workload.
- Able to process the works along safety standards and procedures.
- Developed soft skills including teamwork and communication skills.
All interested candidates should submit the following documents before
Please click HERE to go to Oyu Tolgoi LLC Online Application System or go www.ot.mn, select your vacancy and click on the link in the bottom.
Please make sure to attach the following documents:
- CV (in English and Mongolian)
- Cover Letter (in English and Mongolian)
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.