Supervisor Utilities Maintenance /1/
Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 95 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for one (1) Supervisor Utilities Maintenance in Oyu Tolgoi LLC – Site Infrastructure and Services – Mechanical Maintenance department based at Oyu Tolgoi mine with the roster of 14 days on and 7 days off.
The purpose of this role is to provide frontline leadership and Ensures the effective and consistent delivery of services and support on utilities maintenance activities of the functional area in line with the company policies and procedures to achieve the department's objectives and targeted plan.
What the role entails
- Actively participate to perform critical control verification of process safety, ensure that all controls are performed timely with high quality according to the Standard Work Procedure, and eliminate the non-compliance immediately. To flow ATO process if not eliminate non-compliance.
- Ensure that all tasks are conducted with safety as first priority to protect people, equipment, and environment. Also, act as a role model in demonstrating and living the OT green behaviors.
- Develop and manage/optimize equipment maintenance tactics and standard work procedures (SWP). Ensure maintenance SWPs and JHAs are met and aligned with workplace
- Effectively manage planned and unplanned maintenance work in accordance with the SIS operation priorities
- Champion the establishment of best practice maintenance techniques
- Support the maintainers with professional assistance, technical knowledge, and assist them to improve their professional skill and knowledge.
- Facilitate root cause analyses for equipment breakdowns and optimize & champion the preventive actions.
- Analyze equipment downtime ramifications and develop contingency plans in the event of equipment failure
- Monitor inventory of replacement parts and restocks as needed. Especially spare parts of Process safety critical controls.
- Ensure BoM updates are done in a timely manner
What you will need for this role
- Undergraduate or equivalent or higher education obtained through degrees or diplomas from academic college or universities
- Technical Services and Maintenance Engineer or relevant discipline is preferable
- At least 3 years relevant experience, or otherwise the significant practical experience and on the job training
- Able to understand the root cause of plant air compressor damage and develop maintenance tactics
- Able to understand the root cause of heating plant mechanical equipment damage and develop maintenance tactics
- Able to understand the root cause of raw water supply systems mechanical equipment damage and develop maintenance tactics
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Office suite
- Developed English language verbal and written skills will be well regarded.
All interested candidates should submit the following documents.
Please click HERE to go to Oyu Tolgoi LLC Online Application System or go to the OT portal, select your vacancy
And click on the link in the bottom.
Please make sure to attach the following documents:
oCV (in English and Mongolian)
oCover Letter (in English and Mongolian)
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.