Supervisor Electrical Maintenance (1)
Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 94 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for one (1) Supervisor Electrical Maintenance in our OT Underground - Mining Maintenance department based at Oyu Tolgoi mine with the roster of 14 days on and 7 days off.
The purpose of this role is to provide frontline leadership and Ensures the effective and consistent delivery of services and support on electrical activities of the functional area in line with the company policies and procedures to achieve the department's objectives and targeted plan.
What the role entails:
- Work under the leadership of Chief Electrician
- Daily work line up for crew
- Ensure crew is working safe and to standards
- Assist in installation of site electrical equipment
- Supervise with some hands-on electrical work on shaft and underground equipment, including but not limited to:
- Install cables, starters, portable sub-stations
- Repair and maintain electrical components.
- Use circuit testing tools safely.
- Sound knowledge electrical codes and standards.
- Excellent knowledge of different blue prints, schematic, symbols
- Use and maintain personal protective equipment.
- Deploy available resources, considering their most effective and efficient use to achieve team priorities;
- Take direct action for improving productivity for all tasks performed in line with standard work practices;
- For supervisors, the primary focus would be daily to weekly performance
- Complete Inspections and commissioning sheets of all new installations
- Ensure all installations are done according to the C2 standard
- Ensure all employees follow the C1 Isolation standard
- Management of defect reporting.
- Management of Breakdowns
- Providing performance feedback to Team members
- Managing material and spares required to complete scheduled tasks
What you will need for this role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Maintenance Engineer, electrical engineer or relevant discipline is preferable
- English proficiency (both written and oral) is essential
- Valid Electrical Certification, related technical diploma, or engineering degree
- Excellent digital literacy in Microsoft Office Suite®, particularly in Excel, Outlook, and Word, PDF.
- Experience in large scale mining/construction projects
- Experience working as a construction electrical engineering role in heavy industry, is considered an asset.
- Experience in basic setup, field equipment starters, control panels, soft starters, VSD, and relay protection.
- Experience in maintaining and support centralize blasting systems
- Experience in terminating HV cable, substations installations, grounding & bonding
- Basic knowledge of mine ventilation
- Minimum of 3 years of Supervisory experience considered an asset
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in large scale mining/construction projects
- Experience working in the mining sector.
Please make sure to attach the following documents:
- CV (in English and Mongolian)
- Cover Letter (in English and Mongolian)
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.