Supervisor EL Production /3/
Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 95 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for three ( 3) Supervisor EL Production in Oyu Tolgoi LLC – Underground - Production department based at Oyu Tolgoi mine site with roster of 2 weeks on and 1 week off.
The purpose of this role is to execute tasks within the functional unit EL Prodution team in line with the company policies and procedures to achieve the company's objectives and targeted plan.
What the role entails
- Coordinate work hours of self and a team in own area of responsibility to be the most productive;
- Adjust personnel shift schedules to ensure that there should be no shortage of manpower and equipment shall be operated at full capacity;
- Ensure complying with OT site HSE procedures and standards within the scopes of Labour Law, OHS Laws and regulations, Law on Controlling and Circulation of Explosives and Explosive Devices of Mongolia, and ensure that continuous improvement and development measures are taken to improve such awareness to personnel and providing controls on implementations;
- Undertake regular workplace inspections in compliance with HSE policy and procedures and related laws and legislations to ensure Zero Incident and no adverse impact to environment and human health.
- Demonstrate good examples of maintaining and taking appropriate care (use economically) of PPE to mine crews
- Demonstrate good examples of filling out relevant documents such as JHA/TRACK evaluation/CCC effectively at work areas and ensure regular controls on their executions and implementations;
- Provide compliance with 7 Lifesaving Rules and ensure compliance by employees;
- Immediately report incidents and injuries to the direct management and relevant teams (with the aid of HSE department) accordingly and take part in incident investigations.
What you will need for this role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mining Engineer or equivalent
- Able to extended knowledge on UG development and extraction works on undertaking UG charging and blasting as well as UG re-entry works safe and effective coordination of mining cycles.
- Able to have broader scope of knowledge on Mongolian legislations and standard and rules on blasting;
- At least 5-year significant practical experience on the relevant work place.
- Able to work experiences on blasting and charging, as well as practical experiences to operate UG equipment like Simba, Cabletec, Boltec and UG Loader is highly regarded
- B Class driving license
- Microsoft Excel and Office suite skills
- Well developed English language verbal and written skills will be highly regarded
- Able to prefer safety culture
All interested candidates should submit the following documents.
Please click HERE to go to Oyu Tolgoi LLC Online Application System or go to the OT portal, select your vacancy and click on the link in the bottom.
Please make sure to attach the following documents:
- CV (in English and Mongolian)
- Cover Letter (in English and Mongolian)
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.