Oyu Tolgoi in Mongolia is a copper-gold mine consisting of an open pit mine and underground development, processing plant and supporting infrastructure to produce high grade copper and gold concentrates. Oyu Tolgoi will utilise a Mongolian workforce that will be trained to effectively operate and maintain the processing plant. Oyu Tolgoi's workforce is more than 94 per cent Mongolian.
We are looking for one (1) Superintendent, Security in our Central Services - Security department based at Oyu Tolgoi mine with roster of 14 days on and 7 days off.
With the current growth of the business, the protection of our people and assets is key to the business. The Superintendent Security will be responsible for ensuring that security and risk management standards across Oyu Tolgoi site are being adhered to by proactively assisting the Principal Advisor Security with the day-to-day supervision of all security related activities to include all outsourced security services.
The competitive nature of our industry requires us to make our business stronger to meet the challenges of price and demand volatility.
What the role entails
- Lead and manage the OT Site security team consisting of a number of Security Supervisors, Control room and Journey Management team and contractors.
- Manage the day-to-day security aspects relating to OT's activities in South Gobi province. This will include the provision of security at multiple sites including OT site, remote camps, external infrastructure, logistics infrastructure and satellite offices.
- Ensure that regular interface occurs with major users of security services, being mining operations, logistics, infrastructure, communities and camp & site services.
- Ensure that all security risk mitigation strategies identified for OT's operations at OT site, including remote sites and activities, are effectively implemented.
- Ensure that the service provided by OT's security contractor is in accordance with the Scope of Work and agreement, including approved head count and resource allocation.
- Manage electronic security systems installed at offices areas and industrial sites. This will include, but not be limited to CCTV systems and vehicle tracking systems. Coordinate the maintenance and repair of security systems as required.
- Conduct investigations on internal security incidents, and liaise with local law enforcement on external security investigations.
- Advise the OT operations on security related matters that could impact on the business.
- Conduct site security audits and inspections, and make recommendations to control security risks identified.
- Identify and recommend development opportunities for the site based security team
- Ensure that OT's security services provider/s complies with Health and Safety requirements by implementing measures, monitoring their effectiveness and taking steps to correct non-conformance.
- Monitor crime trends and security incidents in Khanbogd and surrounds, and recommend risk mitigating strategies.
- Liaise with local law enforcement agencies as required.
What you will need for this role
- A degree in a security or safety related field is desirable
- Incumbent should have a background in law enforcement, military or private security
- At least 3-5 years' experience in security at industrial sites as essential
- Experience in a security supervisory role in mining or private sector
- Experience in working with large guard forces is recommended
- Experience in security and safety investigations, incident management and risk management is desirable
- Basic knowledge of principles of security & risk management.
- Ability to effectively communicate in Mongolian and English is essential
- Strong working knowledge of pertinent law and the law enforcement community in Mongolia
- Competency in MS Office suite is essential
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.