Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 95 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for one (1) Superintendent Permitting in our Oyu Tolgoi Underground Project-Engineering department based in Ulaanbaatar.
What the role entails
- Ensuring OT UG obtains all necessary permits, licenses and approvals required for the construction of all infrastructure packages;
- Scheduling resources and training of personnel within the Permitting team to meet the OT UG project’s permitting requirements for the infrastructure scope;
- Obtaining permits and liaising with permitting authorities;
- Coordinating all phases of permitting process (e.g. preparing application materials for permits, ensuring materials fulfil the requirement of issuing authority, and submitting documents on time);
- Providing support and mentoring to members of your team to meet shared objectives;
- Conducting research on issues such as legal requirements, changes in policy, industry standards, and stakeholder groups;
- Preparing presentations, reports, and analyses of progress and performance of the permitting team;
- Ensuring safety of oneself and others at the work place by being an exemplary leader on safety;
- Coordination and monitoring work flows between engineering teams and permitting team for provision of DDR packs for translation and review by nominated design authors engaged by OT UG project
- Liaising with permitting authorities and meeting all requirements, as per work allocation, to obtain required permits
- Department business support including integration and development of department reports and documents, meeting arrangements, letter reviews, formalization, TRs, PRs, meeting notes, document maintenance in soft and hard copy
- Monitoring and reporting performance of the Permitting Team against the project schedule
- Overseeing State Commissioning and Punch List follow up
What you will need for this role
- Bachelor Degree in Arts and Sciences; A university/college major in Business Administration, Economics, Political Science, or related field is preferred;
- Demonstrated experience in Government or Public Relations;
- Excellent experience in relevant field
- Fluent in written and spoken Mongolian and English;
- Leadership skills and strong ability to work in teams;
- Passionate about public speaking and presenting;
- Strong communications skill to work with a wide range of individuals;
- Ability to build effective working relationships at all levels;
- Excellent planning, organizing and negotiation skills;
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.