Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 95 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for one (1) Specialist Construction (Structural Mechanical Piping) in our Oyu Tolgoi Underground Project - Construction department based at Oyu Tolgoi mine with roster of 2 weeks on and 1 week off.
Successful incumbent will be responsible for constructional supervision of all project surface and underground infrastructure construction works to ensure delivery in accordance with the planned scope, time schedule and health, safety and environment plan; Provide input to ensure adequate planning for all construction activities is in place;
What the role entails
- Provides hands-on guidance and supervision to the mechanical tradesperson by assisting in Installations and Repairs.
- Ensuring safety standards are followed in all areas where the project construction activities take place.
- Writing of procedures if required.
- Assessing individual mechanical tradesperson to determine deficiencies and assist in developing training programs required to improve skills
- Ensure that construction risk assessment processes are followed in regard to technical requirements and schedule
- Provide supervision concerning the completion process to ensure effective wet commissioning
- Construct ability reviews and technical compliance
- Co-ordination and documentation of the EPCM handover to Owner Operations Team allowing for industrial completion to be effected.
- Ensure that all work is carried out safely, to high quality, within Government Regulations and according to company policy. Ensuring all permits and JHA’s are in place, accurate and understood by the workforce.
- Prepare the following day’s activities with regards to required permits, materials, equipment, tools and labour. Ensuring daily plans and look ahead planning is constantly reviewed and reported on
- Review/prepare timesheets. Reviewing completed TRACK forms, JHA’s and Permits. Actively participating on the development of on the Job Training Plans.
What you will need for this role
- Qualification in Construction, Technical and Mechanical engineering
- Previous experience in construction management on a mine site
- Experience with underground heavy industry construction activities with mechanical, structural and piping.
- Ability to align to Project Management and Quality Management Plans.
- Knowledge of Primavera P6 and the Leadership in developing Recovery Plans
- Unground Shaft Works exposure.
- Strong oral & written communication skills. Good English speaking/writing ability is a must
- Ability to issue, write or receive mechanical isolations for piping / materials handling equipment.
- Working knowledge of underground (UG) materials handling systems, hydraulic systems and erection of structural steel.
- Shaft conveyance, fitting out, hoisting, headframe experience
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.