Senior Planner /1/
Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 94 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for one (1) Senior Planner in Oyu Tolgoi Underground Project – Underground Technology department based both at mine site and Ulaanbaatar (50/50) with a roster of 5 days on and 2 days off.
The purpose of the role is to support all aspects of Project and Portfolio Cost Control, Scheduling, Planning and Optimization across all the programs and projects for Underground Technology program of work. The Senior Planner will maintain all project plans in centralized planning systems and support the Project Management Office and the Program/Project Leads in managing procurement activities, developing and maintaining their schedules with the appropriate level of detail that will ensure that scope and progress can be effectively managed and measured.
The Senior Planner will support the PMO in driving compliance to the Project KPI's as defined by the PMO and assist in all aspects of providing consolidated status updates and reporting to the UG Technology Leadership.
What the role entails
- Support project leads decision making process by what-if scenario creation and analysis of various options and presenting them in a way the project lead and stakeholders can understand.
- Liaising with Project leads, and Program leads to ensure accuracy of data.
- Training of Project leads, and Program leads on use of the project tools in their respective areas to optimize tool utilization and improve efficiency (try to achieve one-point entry for one piece of data).
- Identification and monitoring of project risks / opportunities and reporting to Project leads and Program leads.
- Coordinate & review budgets, costs and schedules from multiple subcontractors or vendors and integrate into the master schedules where applicable.
- Adhere and contribute to the continuous development of the project planning unit library, database, processes, codes, systems and tools. Demonstrate and apply advanced understanding of best practice planning and scheduling principles.
- Creation of projects with all resource labour and non-labour costs allocated to the plan.
- Update projects including but not limited to Budget Forecasts, Actual Costs, Tasks, Resources, Relationships, Durations, Risks, and Issues etc.
- Develop progress measurement deliverables with regards to progress items breakdown & budgets.
- Production of reports to internal management, resource managers and clients as necessary. These reports may include Critical path, Resource loading, Variance, Cost Control, Procurement etc
- Creation and maintenance of baselines as per company standards. At a minimum these include Initial project schedule to be included in the Project Initiation Document, Internal sign off, Client (system or service owner) sign off, Scope changes and then on a monthly basis.
- Participate in projects to improve data-driven decision making and optimization of UG Mining productivity and efficiency.
What you will need for this role
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, project management other related field
- Advanced computer skills in MS Excel, Project and Oracle Primavera P6
- Advanced knowledge and certification of PMI PMP, AGILE, PRINCE2
- ITIL or other IT service management certification is a plus.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Word, Excel & database software
- Maintenance Planning - SAP/RTBS to incorporate Mobile and Fixed Plant maintenance activities into planning schedule
- Primavera P6 Planning experience, including user and access administration for the group.
- Logical thinking with creative problem-solving ability
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and spoken communications skill in both Mongolian and English.
- Ability to work independently and in a team-based environment
- Ability to manage frequently changing priorities
- Ability to plan work to meet deadlines
- Hands-on experience in Procurement activities- SAP/ RTBS system is a plus
Please make sure to attach the following documents:
CV (in English and Mongolian)
o Cover Letter (in English and Mongolian)
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.