Senior Engineer Mine Services
Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 97 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for one (1) Senior Engineer Mine Services in Oyu Tolgoi LLC, Underground ELHL Construction department based on Site. This role reports to Superintendent Engineering.
The purpose of this role is to lead UG Infrastructure planning team when providing engineering services and supporting for mine services planning activities of the organisational unit in line with the company policies and procedures to achieve the team's objectives and targeted plan.
What the role entails
- Ensure development and communication of the mine infrastructure plan is achieved through a highly consultative and integrated process with stakeholders.
- Coordinate development of supporting documentation and detailed plans to enable the accurate and efficient completion of planned tasks.
- Support the other mine planning functions (quarterly mine planning, Integrated planning and construction and UG infrastructure teams) using management operating systems and processes.
- Generate and maintain weekly to monthly timeframe tracking and compliance reports.
- Regular underground inspections of mining activities and accountable work areas to ensure
- compliance with intended plan,
- Provide visible leadership in the field,
- tracking of actual performance on the daily basis.
- Assist and manage improvement projects within the scope of the mining team.
- Generate, in conjunction with contractors work method statements, JHA’s and Risk assessments to mitigate risks associated with interactions with other stakeholders.
- Respond to technical questions from other departments and liaise throughout development and operation phases with construction teams.
- Develop written procedures and documentation to allow effective department function.
- Training of junior engineers.
- Liaise with Engineering team on providing technical support and field condition, design, scope on reticulation services
What you will need for this role
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Civil Engineering or relevant discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of related work experience in similar roles.
- At least 3 years working in an underground mining environment
- Excellent communication and time management skill, positive attitude, and willingness to take on challenges.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite, AutoDesk AEC, Pumpsim, or Deswik CAD is regarded.
- English competency in both written and oral is essential.
Please click HERE to go to Oyu Tolgoi LLC Online Application System or go to www.ot.mn, select your vacancy and click on the link in the bottom.
Please make sure to attach the following documents:
- CV (in English and Mongolian)
- Cover Letter (in English and Mongolian)
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.