Senior Coordinator, Projects
Oyu Tolgoi in Mongolia is a copper-gold mine consisting of an open pit mine and underground development, processing plant and supporting infrastructure to produce high grade copper and gold concentrates. Oyu Tolgoi will utilise a Mongolian workforce that will be trained to effectively operate and maintain the processing plant. Oyu Tolgoi's workforce is more than 94 per cent Mongolian.
We are looking for one (1) Senior Coordinator, Projects in our Value Chain Planning and Improvement department based at Oyu Tolgoi mine with roster of 14 days on and 7 days off.
The Senior Coordinator, Project role will support the VCPI PMO team in the effective and quality delivery of assigned projects, potentially across a variety of functional and operational areas. This position will have the opportunity to get involved in a variety of high profile projects in a number of key areas of the Oyu Tolgoi organisation in support of the above.
Project Management Office (PMO) is a critical department within VCPI, which implements and sustains strong programme and project disciplines, managing Operations projects portfolio from opportunity identification to benefits delivery, giving strategic support for the COO and support for Oyu Tolgoi leadership team in governance & effective management of all levels of projects.
The competitive nature of our industry requires us to make our business stronger to meet the challenges of price and demand volatility.
What the role entails
In general, the Senior Project Coordinator – VCPI PMO will be required to undertake the following tasks supporting Project Lead(s) or ability of driving solely (as required) on assigned project(s):
- Work with the functional and operational teams to create or refine project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Track project timelines, milestones and deliverables
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management
- Identify risks, prepare risk mitigation plans and execute contingency actions
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders
- Work with the functional operational teams and stakeholders to develop and deliver necessary reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations to support the project and to achieve the project goals
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout the project life cycle
- Develop a quality plan and carry out quality assurance and quality control activities
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements
What you will need for this role
- College/University Education in fields of Commerce/Business Administration, Engineering or Natural Sciences
- PMI certification or PRINCE 2 qualification
- Valid Mongolian driver's license
- Familiarity with project management tools and software packages (e.g.: Microsoft Project, Tableau, etc.)
- A minimum of 3-5 years project management experience, ideally covering a mix of both systems, process and organisational/strategic assignments
- Quality control skills and knowledge on Lean, 5S improvement methodologies is an advantage
- Sound communication skills, both verbal and written, in Mongolian and English is required
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.