Oyu Tolgoi LLC is building and will operate the Oyu Tolgoi copper-gold mine in southern Mongolia, which will be Mongolia’s largest copper and gold mine, and become one of the largest in the world. Oyu Tolgoi LLC is a strategic partnership between the Government of Mongolia, which owns 34 per cent, Ivanhoe Mines, which owns 66 per cent, and Rio Tinto. The project is strategically important for Mongolia, and will have a significant impact on the country’s social and economic development.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC is offering a graduate programme that aims to develop future management and technical leaders by providing a wide range of experiences, as well as formal learning and development opportunities. Successful applicants will take full advantage of a two year structured programme that will include real jobs with on and off-the-job training and opportunities to learn from experienced peers and mentors who will help them reach their true potential. This programme will also include a potential overseas rotation with the Rio Tinto Mining Group.
General Eligibility Criteria:
- Be a citizen of Mongolia
- Must have graduated from your chosen field within the last year
- Hold under graduate or post graduate degree(s) in mining, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, civil engineering, mineral processing, chemical engineering, geosciences, environmental science, occupational health and safety and commercial related disciplines such as human resources, finance, IT, and communications
- Have/Graduated with a GPA 3.2 or higher (on a 4.00 scale)
- Graduated from an accredited Mongolian university or overseas university
- Have good English language skills
- Not currently employed with Oyu Tolgoi LLC
We are looking for individuals who are committed to learning, driven to succeed, highly intelligent, have ambitious career goals and passionate about safety.
Individuals applying for the graduate programme must submit an application form and other supplementary documents. Eligible graduates will go through a medical examination and sign a contract with Oyu Tolgoi.
Applications are due by August 7th
The selection process:
- Application review. We will take into consideration your academic results, relevance of your tertiary qualifications, involvement in extracurricular activities, community based activities, work experience if applicable and most importantly your potential and willingness to continually improve your capabilities.
- If your application is successful we will invite you to an interview.
- We will offer you a graduate placement opportunity if you are successful at the interview.
Submit a completed application to one of the following addresses by August 7th, before 5.30pm
“Monnis Tower”, 1st Floor
Chinggis Avenue 15, Sukhbaatar District, Tel: 976-11-331880
Ulaanbaatar-14240, MONGOLIA Fax: 976-11-331885
HR department of Oyu Tolgoi LLC 976-331880 -6148
Application Form is available at the Oyu Tolgoi LLC UB office, Dalanzadgad office, Khanbogd office and at Oyu Tolgoi site HR department as well as at the company web site: www.ot.mn .
All successful candidates must be medically cleared.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities. The recruitment decision is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.
Please click here to download and or fill in the application form.
About Oyu Tolgoi LLC (www.ot.mn)
Oyu Tolgoi LLC, Mongolia's largest copper and gold mining company, is a strategic partnership between the Government of Mongolia, Turquoise Hill Resources and Rio Tinto. Located in the South Gobi, Oyu Tolgoi commenced shipment of product to customers in July 2013. Oyu Tolgoi is managed by Rio Tinto, which is investing global expertise and cutting-edge technology to help develop Mongolia’s mining industry and ensure Oyu Tolgoi is one of the world’s most advanced mines. For Oyu Tolgoi, nothing matters more than safety. The business operates under the principle that if a job cannot be done safely, it will not be done at all.