Recruitment Privacy Statement
In this privacy statement (the 'Privacy Statement') any reference to 'we', 'us' and 'our' is Oyu Tolgoi LLC. Any reference to 'you', means you as an individual seeking employment with Oyu Tolgoi LLC or as user of our website Careers – Oyu Tolgoi (the 'Site'). The purpose of the Site is to advertise employment opportunities within the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and to provide a means for you and other candidates to apply for such jobs. You are not authorised to use the Site for any other purpose.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC is responsible for the protection and use of the personal data collected in applications for employment and on the Site, in compliance with this Privacy Statement and applicable law.
Our recruitment service is committed to protecting the privacy of our users. We want to provide a safe and secure user experience. Please read this section carefully in order to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the information that you submit to us in an application for employment or via the Site remains private and is only used for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement.
We may collect and process the following personal data about you:
- Personal data that you provide by filling in forms either on the Site or in connection with an application for employment or an application to be given access to the Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Site, information that you subsequently provide when updating registration details and information that you provide to us as a user of the Site (including your CV). We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Site.
- Information which we create based upon the personal data you provide us.
- At the end of the recruitment process, subject to applicable law and if you consent where necessary, we may proceed with background checks, only to your eligibility to work, your employer references and qualifications.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits to the Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and other purposes. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet, mail or other means is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site or by other means; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses Made of the Information
We use information held about you in a variety of ways related to Oyu Tolgoi LLC recruiting and employment including, but not limited to:
- For matching your details with job vacancies within the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and to process and store information held about you for that purpose.
- To ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information and content that you may require from us or which we feel may be of interest to you including information relating to employment opportunities within the Oyu Tolgoi LLC, provided that you agree that we send you such information. Submission of an application or agreeing to this statement when using the site indicates that you agree that we can send you such information.
In general information collected from and about unsuccessful job applicants will be destroyed after one year.
Sharing and disclosure of Your Information
We may share your personal data with certain personnel within the Oyu Tolgoi LLC, who may be relevant in the recruitment process, i.e. human resources personnel, appropriate managers, and any person who provides assistance with the recruitment process.
The lodgement of your application through this Site confirms your consent to this.
We may disclose your personal data to third parties:
- In the event we engage consultants or contractors to assist in matching personal data provided through the Site or through applications for employment with job vacancies within the Oyu Tolgoi LLC or to process and store information held for that purpose.
- In the event we engage external service providers to assist us with the operation or administration of the Site (including in relation to Site design and functionality).
- In the event that we sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer of such business or assets.
- If Oyu Tolgoi LLC or substantially all its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it may be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply the terms of this Privacy Statement, or the terms of any other agreements(s) between you and any member of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC or Rio Tinto Group; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our respective customers, officers, employees or others. Subject to compliance with applicable legislation, this may include exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction (if considered strictly necessary for legitimate purposes and having regard to the rights of candidates).
Where necessary, submission of an application for employment or acceptance of this statement indicates your consent to such transfers. Note that, if you consent to such transfers, we will take all reasonably necessary measures to continue protecting your personal data in the countries concerned.
(A) Access to Information
You have the right at any time to ask for:
- whether your personal data is being processed;
- the purpose of the processing, the categories of data processed and the recipients thereof;
- information relating to transfers of personal data outside of the European Union/the EEA;
- communication of your personal data, in an understandable format, as well as of all available information regarding the source of the origin of the data;
- information necessary to understand and contest the reasoning behind the processing in case of a decision being made on this basis and having a legal effect upon you;
- a copy of the personal data supplied by you that we hold; in that case, we have the right to charge an administrative fee for this service, corresponding to the cost incurred by us for copying the personal data (subject to the applicable legislation); and
- your personal data not to be processed for direct marketing purposes.
(B) Request for correction
You have the right to request that any erroneous, incomplete, ambiguous, out-dated or not legally allowed for processing personal data be corrected, completed, up-dated, locked-up or deleted.
(C) Stop prospection for employment
You have the right to ask us to remove your personal data from consideration for employment, and as noted, to object to any processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes (e.g. if you do not wish to receive information about Oyu Tolgoi LLC employment opportunities). In some countries we are required by law to hold personal data for a prescribed period. If you ask us not to further consider your personal data in our recruitment processes, we will exclude your personal data from access by recruiting staff and we will delete it from our records as soon as we are legally permitted to do so.
If you would like to make a request for information/correction, please contact Oyu Tolgoi LLC at OTCareers@riotinto.com.
You acknowledge that the internet is a global environment and using the internet to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing the site and communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this way.
By submitting this form, I certify that the statements made by me in this application form and any supporting documents are true and complete. I understand and agree that a false statement may disqualify me from employment, or after employment, result in disciplinary action, to the extent permitted under applicable law.
I hereby consent to my personal information being stored (in any format) or processed by Oyu Tolgoi LLC, or transferred to, any Rio Tinto Group company or any associated Rio Tinto company or to the Oyu Tolgoi LLC’s third-party service providers, wherever situated, as required for the purposes of my prospective employment by the Oyu Tolgoi LLC.
I have read and understood this Privacy Statement and how my personal information will be collected and used by the Oyu Tolgoi LLC in relation to its recruitment processes. I consent to the handling of my personal information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.