Project Engineer - Construction
Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 95 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for one (1) Project Engineer in our Underground Project - Construction department based at Oyu
Tolgoi mine with roster of 2 weeks on and 1 week off.
The Project Engineer will be part of the Construction Team in preparing, weekly reports, schedule review, and monitoring HSE plan. The role is expected to contribute to the total team output through completion of assigned tasks. Tasks are provided and assessed by senior team members and interactions are mainly with the construction team and other engineers.
What the role entails
- Monitor field work to prepare:action plans, schedules and information to meet the construction requirements.
- Provide assistance to the construction engineers and contract supervisors to monitor field work and to prepare schedules and plans that are accurate and comply with recommended design information and work instructions.
- Gain experience through providing assistance and undertaking field work and project work as required in various construction specialty fields such as earthworks, concrete batching, steel work, construction, production, development, maintenance and site services.
- Collaborating with other team members to ensure the team is working effectively.
- Undertake field visits, as required to assess current construction status and the accuracy of plans and information.
- Active participation with CRM and maintain a safe and secure work environment.
- Assist to Senior Manager to delivery weekly and monthly reports.
- Prepare project’s power point presentation.
- Develop skills on project managements and project controls.
What you will need for this role
- Degree in Science in civil or mining engineering in Similar Roles is preferred
- Demonstrated good English communication skills, both written and oral are preferred.
- Understanding of construction methods, terminology and principles.
- Computer skills including AutoCAD, Ms Office, Ms Project, P6 Primavera, report writing competency
- Knowledge of construction mining projects as preferred
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project and engineering or other computer design applications.
- Ability to follow directions and work well with people from different backgrounds.
- Ability to manage and understand complex information and to handle intense workload and meet deadlines
- Previous experience as a project engineer is preferred. Preferably in a mining environment.
- Have logical problem solving and analytical skills.
- Be task focused and is self-motivated.
- Work effectively in a team environment
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.