Principal Advisor – Business Improvement
Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 94 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for one (1) Principal Advisor – Business Improvement in our OT Underground – Mine Development department based at Oyu Tolgoi mine with the roster of 5 days on and 2 days off.
We are looking for a professional to fill the role of Principal Advisor Business Improvement to provide support to the Oyu Tolgoi UG Mining leadership team in the form of business improvement tactics and strategy, system design, change management facilitation, teaching and coaching of PMP, lean, six-sigma, and other business improvement tools, to support the achievement of our business goals on a sustainable basis.
What the role entails
- Providing value analysis in determining best value options when evaluating business improvement initiatives.
- Engaging with business process owners to understand, prioritize and deliver business initiatives.
- Leading and developing a team of Business Improvement and Productivity professionals whilst strengthening the Business Improvement culture across all teams in the OT UG Mining.
- Collaborate with all Underground Mining departments and central teams to set the direction of the OT UG Mining’s Khamtdaa Saijruultsgaaya program (Business Improvement/Productivity).
- Identifying bottlenecks and opportunities for improvement projects to improve safety, employee engagement and productivity, as well as reduce costs and risks to the mine.
- Participating and leading Lean, 6-sigma, problem solving and Kaizen projects across the OT UG Mining.
- Facilitating the development and deployment of business improvement methods and tools.
- Delivering training for business improvement tools and methodologies using training standards and material.
- Interfacing with various departments on Information Centres, 5S boards, and other business improvement activities.
- Supporting compliance with standardised processes, systems, and tools.
What you will need for this role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or LEAN-Six Sigma Black Belt certification.
- Relevant experience in business process improvement, with implementation experience utilising Lean principles/Six Sigma/ DMAIC etc.
- Proven abilities to engage, influence, and deliver desirable outcomes with multiple stakeholders
- Proven experience in navigating successfully within a highly matrix and global organization
- Experience in operations, project management, change management or a similar role.
- Relevant experience in lean and business improvement.
- Demonstrated experience leading teams and collaborating across disciplines.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently and as part of a team.
- Skills developing and working to process and procedures.
- Excellent in English language both in oral and written
- Experience working in the mining sector.
- Please make sure to attach the following documents:
- CV (in English and Mongolian)
- Cover Letter (in English and Mongolian)
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.