OYU TOLGOI UNDERGROUND AWARDED CONTRACT LISTING
The following is a list of recently awarded contracts by the Underground Project. These details are published in order to provide other contractors or persons opportunities to obtain sub-contract or employment opportunities. Enquiries for either subcontracting or employment opportunities should be addressed to the contacts shown. Oyu Tolgoi makes no representation as to any potential opportunities on-behalf-of the companies listed below.
It has come to the attention of Oyu Tolgoi LLC that other websites are posting Oyu Tolgoi tenders and requiring payment for the tender documents. These websites are not authorized by Oyu Tolgoi. Oyu Tolgoi tender documents and information are only provided on the Oyu Tolgoi LLC website and Oyu Tolgoi does not charge a fee for tender documents, or authorize a third party to do so. You are advised not to pay, and report any such activity to Oyu Tolgoi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
OYU TOLGOI UNDERGROUND AWARDED CONTRACTS LISTING
|Contract Title||Company Name||Contact Person||Website|
Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 96 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for two (2) Engineer Package in Oyu Tolgoi LLC, Underground ELHL Construction department based at Oyu Tolgoi mine with the roster of 14 days on and 14 days off.
To ensure that project packages (design and equipment) will work in the context of the project and will be economical and delivered on time. Ensure package contracts are fit for purpose and contain all the relevant information to allow vendors to execute the work in accordance with the project’s requirements. Manage and maintain contracts and contract documentation to ensure requirements, codes, standards, budgets, deliverables and schedules are understood and achieved.
What the role entails
- Coordinate and maintain the assigned packages performing due diligence to ensure package will perform as required by the project, will be specified clearly (to avoid extras, will be delivered to meet schedule, and will be cost effective.
- Coordinate engineering requirements for the package and support procurement in any necessary steps. Ensure appropriate input into Equipment packages is provided from others. Coordinate package information requirements for others through project defined channels.
- Consolidate vendor data review comments, assign status codes, apply final review signatures and initiate data return processes.
- Monitor fabrication progress and ROS (Required on Site) dates, communicate variances to project team. Collaborate with inspector and expedites on this activity.
- Issue revisions of contract documents to procurement to keep PO up to date, reflecting package supply cost adders and credits. Performs due diligence in accepting revisions that become cost adders, from vendors and all departments, to ensure adders are worthwhile.
- Provide Cost Forecast Updates. Package Engineer should be aware of Cost and cost forecast for managed areas.
- Assist Procurement to verify Invoices.
- Keep track of progress of packages. Identify to Project team when progress is slow or stalled
- Keep track of extra hours incurred in executing the deliverance of packages for whatever reasons including:
- Assist Procurement to ensure appropriate payment holdbacks (Commercial terms are jurisdiction of purchasing) are maintained to promote receipt of vendor data list and schedule, critical vendor data items required by drafters/designers, final data items (such as data books) and to ensure full compliance with specifications.
- In coordination with Procurement and Projects, track progress of equipment and data supply with respect to the project schedule.
- Undertake drawing take-offs to support development of tender documentation not limited to:
- internal error
- extra work (by the owner and extra work caused by the vendor)
What you will need for this role
- Engineering or relevant discipline is preferable.
- Relevant experience typically achieved through vocational trainings and equivalent practical experience or on-the-job training.
- At least 5 years relevant experience, or otherwise the significant practical experience and on the job training.
- Experience in Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) such as SAP is desirable.
- Excellent Mongolian and English, both written and oral.
- Excellent leadership and management skills and Good team work planning and self-organization;
- Good communication, speaking, and presentation skills;
- Excellent report preparation skills;
Please click HERE to go to Oyu Tolgoi LLC Online Application System or go to www.ot.mn, select your vacancy and click on the link in the bottom.
Please make sure to attach the following documents:
- CV (in English and Mongolian)
- Cover Letter (in English and Mongolian)