Officer ROV (1)
Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 94 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for one (1) Officer ROV in Oyu Tolgoi LLC –Site Infrastructure and Services –Asset and Material Management department based at Oyu Tolgoi mine with the roster of 14 days on and 7 days off.
Reporting to the Specialist ROV, the primary purpose of Officer ROV is to safely perform inspections with UV or ROV on equipment and building to prevent functional failures and improve reliability whilst complying with quality and standard requirement, HSE procedures and contribute to production requirement and efficiency. Officer ROV supports Specialist ROV by developing procedures, risk assessments and other documentations, setting up new equipment, trials, in order to comply with regulations for ROV and to prepare for technology innovations and implementations. The role must focus on maintaining ROV operations sustainable, efficient, and productive.
What the role entails
- Ensure that all RPAS operations are conducted safely and in compliance with CAAM Regulations, OT site specific and ROV procedures.
- Performs scheduling, coordinating and executing specialized RPAS operations for OT according to required time frame.
- Performs maintenance, service and troubleshooting on owned PRAS equipment.
- Performs analysis based on ROV inspection findings in high quality and reports the outcome to end users.
- Assist root cause analysis and incident investigations using ROV for footage and measurements.
- Takes 3D footages as required by business and maintains the accuracy of the measurements
- Completes the tasks assigned by ROV Specialist in a given timeframe.
- Fabricates custom ROV components using 3D printer in case it doesn't affect safety.
- Completes routine tasks in SAP system with all required information.
- Focuses on implementing condition monitoring technologies together with ROV.
What you will need for this role:
- Bachelor or equivalent or higher education obtained for Electronic, Mechanical, Electrical or for other similar sectors through degrees or diplomas from academic college or universities
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and able to work with all levels of management and professionals with diverse background
- Relevant experience, or otherwise the significant practical experience and on the job training
- Provides planning instructions for any special tools, equipment, drawings, safety requirements & other needs prior to the commencement of scheduled jobs
- Estimates resources required for planned work activities
- Able to read, write, understand & communicate large scales of content & information with more sophisticated vocabulary & varied verb tenses
- Able to create & develop variety of documents & templates on MS office software by using automatic functions of the software
- Good Mongolian and English language, both written and oral
- Good skill in Microsoft office programs
- SAP experience would be an advantage but not required.
Please make sure to attach the following documents:
- CV (in English and Mongolian)
- Cover Letter (in English and Mongolian)
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.