Officer HSE (1)
Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 95 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for one ( 1) Officer HSE in Underground Project - Health Safety & Environment department based at Oyu Tolgoi mine site with roster of 2 weeks on and 1 week off.
Reporting to the OT Underground Project HSE Supervisor, the HSE Officer is responsible for supporting the HSE Supervisor in the provision of timely HSE advice, in-field assessment, support, coaching and training to the OT Underground Project owner’s team and contractor’s under OT Underground Project’s management. The HSE Officer is responsible for oversight of HSE implementation to ensure compliance with Rio Tinto HSE Standards and systems.
What the role entails:
- Provide HSE support to OT Underground Project team.
- Form professional working relationships with contractors, peers and colleagues.
- Influence behaviors and actions to create a culture that enhances HSE performance.
- Actively participate in the CRM process.
- Participate and contribute to assigned HSE committees and the work of the standard champion teams.
- Works with employees, contractors and various HSE teams throughout the project to support HSE initiatives.
- Facilitates and conduct audits and inspections, to ensure compliance with OT LLC HSE Standards and relevant legislation in assigned areas.
- Conducts / assists with risk assessments, including working with various project and contractor teams to reduce / eliminate risks associated with tasks.
- Assists and at time facilitate Incident Investigations to support risk reduction efforts.
- Report and communicate HSE performance trends to employees and contractors by analyzing HSE performance data.
- Take part in and trains the safety interaction process.
- Build relationships and interface effectively with others at all levels of the organization
- Any and all other tasks as assigned.
- Monitor corrective action item progress and close-out.
What you will need for this role:
- Degree or Tertiary Qualification in Occupational Health & Safety combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Health and Safety or relevant discipline. Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English & Mongolian is mandatory.
- 3 – 5 years professional experience, preferably in the mining industry.
- HSE experience preferred but not essential.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Relevant experience typically achieved through vocational trainings and equivalent practical experience or on-the-job training.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English & Mongolian are mandatory (English highly regarded but not essential)
- Being able to make reports and present it accurately on necessary data and work performance
Please make sure to attach the following documents:
- CV (in English and Mongolian)
- Cover Letter (in English and Mongolian)
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.