Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 95 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are recruiting for following positions in our Oyu Tolgoi Underground Project-Mine Technical Services department to work with roster of 14 days on and 7 days off.
- Underground Mine Planning Engineer – Short/Medium Range
- Underground Drill and Blast Engineer
- Underground Mine Services Engineer
- Underground Compliance Engineer
You will be exposed to safe, innovative and internationally recognised work standards within a working environment that focuses on delivery of operational excellence and provides employees with career development, mentoring and leadership support.
What the roles entail:
As a site based underground Mining Engineer you will have the opportunity to work in a number of roles as part of your professional development. Details of specific roles will be discussed during the recruitment process.
What you will need for this role
- University level education in Bachelor of Engineering, Mining Engineering or equivalent tertiary qualification.
- Previous mining experience and underground hard rock mining exposure will be highly regarded
- Strong communication, planning and problem solving skills
- The ability to collaborate with a wide variety of work groups throughout the business.
- Experience with 3D computer drafting software (such as Vulcan, Surpac, Deswick) and mine scheduling software (such as EPS, Mine 24D, Deswick)
- Well-developed skills in Microsoft Excel and Office suite
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Developed English language verbal and written skills will be well regarded
Candidates are encouraged to detail any previous mining, construction or contracting experience in their application.
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.