Mining Engineer (1)
Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 94 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for one (1) Mining Engineer in Mine Development department in our Oyu Tolgoi Underground Project based at Oyu Tolgoi mine site with roster of 2 weeks on and 1 week off.
The primary purpose of the Mining Engineer is to provide engineering services and support on mining activities of the organisational unit in line with the company policies and procedures to achieve the team's objectives and targeted plan.
What the role entails
- Promote safety culture to ensure work undertaken complies with safety legislation and applicable HSE standards.
- Appropriate frequency of underground inspections of development activities and accountable work areas to ensure compliance with intended plan, quality of work output of UDS contractor, schedule compliance and visibility in the field.
- Provision of quarterly and weekly planning and reporting cycles and input to the TI.
- Generate and maintain monthly to project timeframe tracking and compliance spreadsheets.
- Review development design files/plans to control development areas through use of holds, probes etc.
- Maintain integrity/currency and filing of mine designs and archives.
- Generate in conjunction with contractors work method statements, JHA’s and Risk assessments to minimise and mitigate risk associated with interactions with another stakeholder
- Generate site dewatering/ventilation/compressed air and water services strategies in conjunction with technical services and ventilation departments.
- Respond to technical questions from external parties and liaise throughout development phase with construction teams.
- Develop written procedures and documentation to allow effective department function.
- Monitor, report and analyse on rolling monthly basis including but not limited to
- Physicals- meters advanced, ground support installed, shotcrete transport and QAQC.
- Quality – over/under break, compliance to design, non-conformance, and wastage.
- Conduct project work to optimise consumables strategies and minimise cost. Assist in delivering schedule compliant delivery of the Integrated Weekly Execution Plan
- Close cooperation with Mine Coordination and Technical Services teams developing schedules and plans that are reflective of the Project milestones and that the fundamental objectives :of the Underground Development
What you will need for this role
- University level education in Bachelor of Engineering, Mining Engineering or equivalent tertiary qualification
- Minimum 1 years mining experience. Underground hard rock mining exposure will be highly regarded.
- Experience with 3D computer drafting software such as AutoCAD, Vulcan, Surpac, Deswik or similar
- Microsoft Excel and Office suite skills
- Previous experience in: - mine development/design / planning activities, construction activities, and contractor management are also highly regarded.
- Developed English language verbal and written skills will be well regarded.
Please click HERE to go to Oyu Tolgoi LLC Online Application System or go to the OT portal, select your vacancy.
And click on the link in the bottom.
- Please make sure to attach the following documents:
- CV (in English and Mongolian)
- Cover Letter (in English and Mongolian)
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.