The purpose of this programme is to identify talent and develop relationships with students whilst they are completing their studies and provide students with opportunities to experience working at Oyu Tolgoi. The programme will enable the Company to encourage students to consider Oyu Tolgoi as an employer of choice over their competitor companies.
Basic overview of the programme:
- Intent: Safety culture, develop skill & work experience
- Criteria: 2-4 year students, Graduates for work-experience
- Length: 1-3 months (<6 months)
- Compliance: Internship agreement and policy
- Retention:No guarantee for employment at OT and other development programs
- Development plan: Specific, measurable and leader ownership
- Monitoring: OT leader & intern feedback, performance review meetings
- Metrics of success: Successful completion and progress of intern development plan, accomplishment of special tasks and project identified at the beginning of internship
The programme has four types and we advertise the internship in May, Aug and Dec of each year as per business requirement.