Graduate Geotechnical Engineer (1)
Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 94 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for one (1) Graduate Geotechnical Engineer in Oyu Tolgoi LLC – Surface operations - Mine Technical Servicesdepartment based at Oyu Tolgoi mine with the roster of 14 days on and 7 days off.
The purpose of this role is to learn and perform the duties of the Geotechnical Engineer in the Open Pit mine. The intent of this role is to develop technical skills that enable advancement from the Graduate Programme into engineering roles.
What the role entails
- Perform the duties assigned by the Superintendent Geotechnical, including:
- Perform monitoring
- Assist other engineers
- Collect and interpret data
- Support the management of monitoring equipment (radars)
- Produce written reports as required
- Attend meetings at site and via digital media.
What you will need for this role
- Be a citizen of Mongolia
- Must have graduated in 2019, 2020, 2021 and hold a bachelor’s degree and master’s degree from an accredited university, majoring in Geotechnical Engineering, Geology qualification or relevant discipline
- Good English proficiency
- Good knowledge of MS office programs
- Dedication to promoting a positive safety culture
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skill
Please make sure to attach the following documents:
-CV (in English and Mongolian)
-Cover Letter (in English and Mongolian)
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.