Graduate Engineer Tailing (1)
The Oyu Tolgoi LLC is well known for its investment in educational and training programs and initiatives to prepare and develop a highly skilled Mongolian labor force, one of which is the Graduate Development Program.
We are looking for one (1) Graduate Engineer Tailing in Surface Operations department based at Oyu Tolgoi mine site with roster of 2 weeks on and 1 week off, from the pool of students who are graduating no later than June 2018 or who graduated in 2017 for the four-year development program which will offer graduates challenging jobs, development plans, well-experienced mentors, safety culture and technical training in order to prepare them to be a part of future Mongolian skilled technical workforce.
Duties and responsibilities
- The Engineer - Tailings will have the following specific responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Provide a personal and pro-active approach to health, safety, and environmental stewardship and promote a work culture where safety is emphasized through personal awareness and accountability at the workplace
- Assist to develop an optimal strategy for tailings storage facility development, deposition and water conservation, including planning interfaces with the tailings construction, tailings operation, open pit operations, quality control, quality assurance and other supporting teams.
- Assist to establish and maintain reliable and effective independent technical review and support for tailings storage facility construction and operational activities.
- Assist to Arrange and undertake detailed engineering design of tailings storage facility development.
- Assist to optimize processes, methodologies, and technological applications to achieve optimum reliability in tailings and water management
- Assist to prepare operating and capital budgets related to tailings storage facility development.
- Develop a work environment that embraces open communication between all relevant groups in tailings management, including the concentrator, the mine , infrastructure, and contracted partners.
- Follow & support upstream managers & Mine planning team decision.
- Initiate, develop and maintain effective and sustainable relationships with external stakeholders
- Be a Mongolian citizen
- Must graduate no later than June 2018 or graduated in 2017 and hold a Bachelor degree from an accredited university, major in Civil Engineer, Construction Engineer, Geology or relevant discipline
- GPA 3.2 or higher
- Good English proficiency
- Dedication to promoting a positive safety culture
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Click HERE to go to Oyu Tolgoi LLC Online Application System
- Please make sure to attach CV and Cover letter in both English and Mongolian
- Official certified copy of transcript and diploma
- Two letters of recommendation
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.