Graduate Engineer Mechanical (1)
Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 94 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for one (1) Graduate Engineer Mechanical in Oyu Tolgoi LLC – Operations- ConcentratorMaintenance department based at Oyu Tolgoi mine with the roster of 14 days on and 7 days off.
Principal focus is to provide ongoing Mechanical Engineering support solutions to ensure 24/7 hr reliability and readiness of the concentrator plant and associated equipment which plays a critical role for the production of concentrate. The Graduate mechanical engineer will support the team in all aspects of the plant to meet its budgeted safety, production and cost targets. Participate in the Maintenance work execution to ensure it is safe, efficient, and effective as per Maintenance Management Framework and OT policies and standards.
What the role entails
• Collects & conducts preliminary analysis of data.
• Focuses on documentation, monitoring, & testing.
• Provides solutions to problems uses readily available, clear, & direct references.
• Collects & evaluates data & develops plans for assignments that may involve design application.
• Conducts equipment failure investigation & mitigation.
• Applies standard techniques to provide solutions to problems.
• Focuses on existing equipment or processes.
• Assists with drafters/designers, technicians, & engineers to contribute to project completion.
• Initiate or give support safety improvement.
• Initiates, leads and participates failure mitigation projects.
• Develops understanding of the Engineering Process.
• Takes part in OT CRM safety initiative.
• Keeps records of key events and activities.
• Assists with completion and revision of SWP documents.
• Support the business to promote OT safety and leadership culture.
• Develop solid understanding of Work Management processes.
• Participate in the maintenance execution activities and ensure if the task can be performed safely, efficiently, & effectively.
What you will need for this role
- Be a citizen of Mongolia
- Must have graduated in 2019, 2020, 2021 and hold a bachelor’s degree and master’s degree from an accredited university, majoring in Engineer Mechanical, Maintenance or relevant discipline
- Good English proficiency
- Good knowledge of MS office programs
- Dedication to promoting a positive safety culture
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Please make sure to attach the following documents:
- CV (in English and Mongolian)
- Cover Letter (in English and Mongolian)
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.