Graduate Engineer Geotechnical (1)
The Oyu Tolgoi LLC is well known for its investment in educational and training programs and initiatives to prepare and develop a highly skilled Mongolian labor force, one of which is the Graduate Development Program.
We are looking for one (1) Graduate Engineer Geotechnical in OTUP-Geoscience Services department based at Oyu Tolgoi mine site with roster of 2 weeks on and 1 week off, from the pool of students who are graduating no later than June 2018 or who graduated in 2017 for the four-year development program which will offer graduates challenging jobs, development plans, well-experienced mentors, safety culture and technical training in order to prepare them to be a part of future Mongolian skilled technical workforce.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in rock mass characterization and mapping (laser scanner) activities
- Assist in developing schedules for projects managed by the Geosciences team
- Ground support quality inspections and testing
- Geotechnical instrumentation installation, repair and data capture
- Geotechnical and Geological core logging for purposes of characterization
- Data input into various types of databases and managing data quality from various data sources
- Laser scanning and processing activities associated with the lateral development quality management
- Assist in ground support trials and investigations related to ground support innovation
- Perform geotechnical inspections and damage mapping of infrastructure
- Be a Mongolian citizen
- Must graduate no later than June 2018 or graduated in 2017 and hold a Bachelor degree in accredited university, major in Mining Engineer or Geology
- GPA 3.2 or higher
- Good English proficiency
- Dedication to promoting a positive safety culture
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
All interested candidates should submit the following documents:
Click HERE to go to Oyu Tolgoi LLC Online Application System
- Please make sure to attach CV both in English and Mongolian
- Cover letter both in English and Mongolian
- Official certified copy of transcript and diploma
- Two letters of recommendation
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.