Graduate engineer Electrical /1/
Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 94 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for one (1) Graduate engineer Electrical in Oyu Tolgoi LLC – Surface Operations - Site Infrastructure and Services – Electrical Services department based at Oyu Tolgoi mine site with roster of 2 weeks on and 1 week off.
Performs limited assignments of specific engineers tasks, such as contributes to a minor phase of a larger project, maintains and optimizes exists assets, or tests new technologies with limited scope.
What the role entails
- Performs a variety of routine tasks within supporting the Infrastructure Electrical Services Team as provide professional regime calculation, study and report to keep equipment reliabilities.
- Suggesting effective method and prompt actions options to restore system during the emergency case and unplanned outages
- Standard Operating Procedures (SWP), Design (SLD / IFC)
- Prevent analysis, calculation and cost efficiency of the equipment, and collect data for it.
- Provide professional support to high-voltage and instrumentation teams, and support professional development
- Assist team in promoting OT safety and leadership culture
- Focuses on documentation, monitoring, & testing.
- Provide support to the maintenance team for equipment maintenance activities
What you will need for this role
- Be a Mongolian citizen
- Must graduate no later than June 2019 or graduated in 2017 , 2018 and hold a Bachelor degree and Master's degree from an accredited university, major in Electrical Engineering or relevant discipline
- Good English proficiency
- Dedication to promoting a positive safety culture
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
All interested candidates should submit the following documents:
Please click HERE to go to Oyu Tolgoi LLC Online Application System or go to the OT portal, select your vacancy and click on the link in the bottom.
Please make sure to attach the following documents:
- Please make sure to attach CV and Cover letter in both English and Mongolian
- Official certified copy of transcript and diploma
- Please tell us about a time when you’ve held a leadership position (i.e. work, sport, volunteering, and student societies). What did you like and dislike about the position and why? Please write an essay within 350-400 words
- To have active email address
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.