Graduate Engineer Control System (1)
The Oyu Tolgoi LLC is well known for its investment in educational and training programs and initiatives to prepare and develop a highly skilled Mongolian labor force, one of which is the Graduate Development Program.
We are looking for one (1) Graduate Engineer Control System in Surface Operations - Concentrator Technical Services department based at Oyu Tolgoi mine site with roster of 2 weeks on and 1 week off, from the pool of students who are graduating no later than June 2018 or who graduated in 2017 for the four-year development program which will offer graduates challenging jobs, development plans, well-experienced mentors, safety culture and technical training in order to prepare them to be a part of future Mongolian skilled technical workforce.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure to comply with all safety compliances.
- Supports the team to ensure appropriate focus and prioritization of assignments and tasks.
- Coordinates & communicates effectively with peers within Tech Team to ensure strong interface between groups & appropriate involvement/handover of work.
- Seek and identify opportunities to maximize value for Oyu Tolgoi LLC, including (but not exclusive to) opportunities to improve future operation performance.
- Take action to ensure optimal short and long term operational performance.
- Continuously develop and sustain DCS control system.
- Identify plant performance gaps/risks/opportunities relative to key value drivers (safety, throughput, recovery, quality).
- Ensure projects are identified and executed to address such gaps.
- Apply processing methodology (variability, capability analyses, and bottleneck analyses) to identify opportunities for continuous improvement projects.
- Assess and review process design and process flow-sheets. Provide reviews of risks and required optimization &/or contingency actions in timely manner to accelerate operational readiness.
- Coordinate the evaluation of grinding and flotation technology to improve concentrate grade and recovery.
- Continuously evaluate and keep abreast of new technologies for improving plant performance and efficiency.
- Support stakeholders in identifying & implementing improvement opportunities.
- Be a Mongolian citizen
- Must graduate no later than June 2018 or graduated in 2017 and hold a Bachelor degree from an accredited university, major in Automation, Electrical, Information technology engineering or relevant discipline
- GPA 3.2 or higher
- Good English proficiency
- Dedication to promoting a positive safety culture
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
All interested candidates should submit the following documents:
Click HERE to go to Oyu Tolgoi LLC Online Application System
- Please make sure to attach CV and Cover letter in both English and Mongolian
- Official certified copy of transcript and diploma
- Two letters of recommendation
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.