Engineer Systems (1)
Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 94 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for one (1) Engineer Systems in our Information Technology department based at Oyu Tolgoi mine site and Ulaanbaatar office 50/50 bases.
The purpose of this role is to provide engineering services and support on systems activities of the functional area in line with the company policies and procedures to achieve the team's objectives and targeted plan.
What the role entails:
- Analyze server and storage requirements from end users and provide feedback as to what can be improved/changed
- Ensure database and system administration processes are followed as per policies set for each function
- Plan and execute software version upgrade releases
- Follow regional and global corporate standards and practices
- Liase with vendors and support groups
- As required, assist IT teams with advanced troubleshooting and resolution of technical issues
- Installing and Configuring windows server OS and other server software/applications.
- Monitor all server/storage/application/Services health through central monitoring tool and resolve all issues. If issue cannot be fixed internally, then escalate to vendor support in a timely manner and follow up to the resolution.
- Keep up to date with the new technologies and software products.
- Provide technical consultancy as required to projects requiring architecture and design assistance.
- Work with various vendors to understand new technologies and products released and feed information to the management and operations team.
- Understand functional and systems architecture of various technical systems OT LLC will implement
- Undertake project related server and storage implementations and proactive capacity analysis
- Escalating the problem according to IT Escalation procedure to get the necessary support from the management, vendor support and SME if required
- Understanding and complying with all IT policies, standards and procedures
What you will need for this role:
- Bachelor’s in information technology systems, Computer Science or related discipline;
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in information technology field;
- Strong communication skills, problem solving and good analytical skills
- English competency (both written and oral) is essential
- Ability to work under difficult environmental conditions
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Self-starting and confident to progress tasks without detailed direction
- Please make sure to attach the following documents:
- CV (in English and Mongolian)
- Cover Letter (in English and Mongolian)
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.