Engineer Short Range Planning /2/
Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 95 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for two (2) Engineer Short Range Planning in Oyu Tolgoi LLC – Underground - Technical Services department based at Oyu Tolgoi mine with the roster of 14 days on and 7 days off.
The purpose of this role is to provide services and support on mine planning engineering activities of the organizational unit in large complex environment in line with the company policies and procedures to achieve the department's objectives and targeted plan.
What the role entails
- Development and communication of the weekly mining plan through a highly consultative and integrated process with underground operations stakeholders
- Develop supporting documentation and detailed plans to enable the accurate and efficient completion of planned tasks
- Support the other mine planning functions (medium and long range mine planning teams, integrated planning team, production, development and construction teams) using processes established in the MOS
- Generate and maintain weekly to monthly timeframe tracking and compliance information and present compliance reports to stakeholders
- Regular underground inspections of development and production activities and planned task areas to ensure
- compliance with intended plan
- provide visible leadership in the field
- data collection that enables accurate and thorough preparation of plans and work orders
- Assist and manage improvement projects within the scope of the planning team
- Develop written guidelines and documentation to allow effective team function.
What you will need for this role
- Undergraduate or equivalent or higher education obtained through degrees or diplomas from academic college or universities.
- University level education in Mining Engineering or Equivalent tertiary qualification
- At least 3 years relevant experience, or otherwise the significant practical experience and on the job training.
- 3D computer drafting software such as AutoCAD, Vulcan, Surpac, Deswik or similar
- Microsoft Excel and Office suite skills
- Developed English language verbal and written skills will be well regarded."
All interested candidates should submit the following documents before.
Please click HERE to go to Oyu Tolgoi LLC Online Application System or go to the OT portal, select your vacancy and click on the link in the bottom.
Please make sure to attach the following documents:
- CV (in English and Mongolian)
- Cover Letter (in English and Mongolian)
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.