Engineer Oversized Blasting /6/
Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 95 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for six ( 6) Engineer Oversized Blasting in Oyu Tolgoi LLC – Underground - Production department based at Oyu Tolgoi mine site with roster of 2 weeks on and 1 week off.
The purpose of this role is to execute charge up and blasting tasks within the functional unit in line with the company policies and procedures to achieve the Mine's extraction objectives and targeted plan.
What the role entails
- Carry out oversize, charging, blasting and re-entry task and other ancillary work in accordance with the instructions of the supervisor
- Complete tasks and duties in compliance with Mongolian Labor and the Company's HSE policies and standards
- Read, interpret and follow drawings, sketches and plans provided by the engineering team as required for oversize, charging, blasting and re-entry tasks;
- Maintain a clean and safe work area in the UG environment;
- Identify hazards in the workplace, implement appropriate controls, or escalate as reqiured to prioritize your own and others' safety first.
- Establish effective and positive relationships with co-workers and other sectors of the mine
- Attend training on Awareness of Emergency Response to acquire full knowledge and skills & able to take appropriate responses when needed;
- Respond to emergency situations.
What you will need for this role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mining Operations, Mining Engineer, technician-engineering or equivalent
- Blaster’s license and B Class professional driver’s license
- Able to work experience on undertaking UG charging and blasting as well as UG re-entry works
- Able to have broader scope of knowledge on Mongolian legislations and standard and rules on blasting
- Able to work on Microsoft Excel and Office suite skills
- Well developed English language verbal and written skills will be highly regarded
- At least 3-year practical experience on the relevant work place.
- Able to prefer safety culture
All interested candidates should submit the following documents.
Please click HERE to go to Oyu Tolgoi LLC Online Application System or go to the OT portal, select your vacancy and click on the link in the bottom.
Please make sure to attach the following documents:
- CV (in English and Mongolian)
- Cover Letter (in English and Mongolian)
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.