Electrician High Voltage /1/
Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 94 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for one (1) Electrician High Voltage in Oyu Tolgoi LLC –Site Infrastructure and Services-Electrical Services department based at Oyu Tolgoi mine with the roster of 14 days on and 7 days off.
The purpose of this role is to provide services and support on high voltage activities of the functional area in line with the company policies and procedures to achieve the team's objectives and targeted plan.
What the role entails
- Reads all types of electrical drawings, diagnoses and troubleshoots secondary circuit faults;
- Records test results;
- Completes work orders, forms & reports for operation & maintenance purposes;
- Reports work in progress & conditions of the situation;
- Provide technical updates to standard jobs by writs corrections & actual tasks performed on work orders as required;
- Assess & diagnose equipment problems with other maintenance & operational personnel;
- Maintains plans & drawings with comments & “as-built” modifications;
- Actively participates in Post-Mortem meetings after major projects or breakdowns
- Communicates effectively with leaders, peers, operators, & other work groups;
- Interfaces with planner to assist in plans & schedules of maintenance work;
- Assists with identifying, orders & handles of spare parts & materials
What you will need for this role
- Undergraduate or equivalent or higher education obtained through degrees or diplomas from academic college or
- Engineer or relevant discipline in electrical system automation and relay protection test and calibration is preferable;
- At least 3 years relevant experience, or otherwise the significant practical experience and on the job training
- Competency regards to Standards and Safe Work Procedures High Voltage.
- Have a good understanding switch-yards and high voltage equipment
- Able to read and understand blue prints both mechanical and electrical.
- Advanced knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office
- Communication skills – both English written and verbal
- Inquire team member skills
All interested candidates should submit the following documents.
Please click HERE to go to Oyu Tolgoi LLC Online Application System or go to the OT portal, select your vacancy
And click on the link in the bottom.
Please make sure to attach the following documents:
- CV (in English and Mongolian)
- Cover Letter (in English and Mongolian)
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.