Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 94 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for one (1) Draftsperson in our Oyu Tolgoi Technical and Studies - Mine planning department based at Oyu Tolgoi mine with the roster of 14 days on and 7 days off.
The primary purpose of the role is to provide mine design drafting support to the site-based execution team. You will be part of the Technical and Integrated Planning team.
What the role entails
- Use the Deswik software suite (i.e. Deswik CAD, Deswik Draft, Deswik Underground Drill and Blast) to produce mine designs and drawings
- Plot Approved for Construction and Issued for Design drawings for the site-based execution team
- Complete design checklists for each drafted mine design
- Convert Life of Mine design entities into Issued for Design and Approved for Construction design entities (i.e. this includes correct attribution of design entities)
- Working effectively and efficiently within a close team environment
- Manage multiple design priorities and achieve committed deadlines for drawing submission
- Check out and check in mine design into Deswik Mining Data Management system
- Produce two dimensional ground support designs under the instruction of the Superintendent - Detailed Design or their nominated delegate
- Produce three dimensional cable bolt designs and drawings under the guidance of the Superintendent - Detailed Design
- Perform peer review checks of other drafts people's work prior to submission
- Review work process flows and seek opportunities to improve efficiency
- Produce mass excavation mining envelope plots
- Take instruction from the Superintendent - Detailed Design or their nominated delegate. Accurately execute these instructions
- Escalate issues and delays to the Superintendent - Detailed Design or their nominated delegate in a timely manner
What you will need for this role
- Bachelor of Science in Mining Engineering or tertiary qualification
- Minimum 3 years of experience in operational mine planning or project is desirable
- Good basis on negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience supporting implementation and integration of new systems and practices in an existing operation
- Fast learner and ability to prioritize tasks based on Best For Project needs
- Proficient in MS Office products especially spreadsheet modelling skills
- Hands on mine production and planning experience in Open Pit or an Underground mine
- Familiarity in any Mine Planning and Scheduling software (ex. Primavera P6, Deswik, Vulcan, MineSight or other) is preferred but not required.
- Excellent in English language both in oral and written
All interested candidates should submit the following documents before 05:30 PM on [21 May 2020]:
- Please make sure to attach the following documents:
- CV (in English and Mongolian)
- Cover Letter (in English and Mongolian)