Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 95 percent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for one (1) Controller Infrastructure in our OT UG - Tactical Operations department based at Oyu Tolgoi mine with roster of 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off.
The primary purpose of this role is to remotely monitor infrastructure underground to ensure that it operates within operating parameters, to escalate issues and expediate resolution. Ensure the integrated shift schedule is achieved with zero harm, on time and within budget.
What the role entails
- Remotely control and monitor the underground infrastructure to ensure that it operates within normal operating parameters.
- Remotely control and monitor the MHS to maximize MHS uptime and to ensure that it operates within normal operating parameters.
- Short interval control of infrastructure shift schedule activities to ensure shift schedule attainment and compliance.
- Short interval control of resources to achieve scheduled tones to surface.
- Ensuring in-shift schedule corrections of infrastructure activities are aligned to achieving the integrated shift schedule.
- Executing emergency management duties as per emergency management procedures.
- Communicating with and motivating operators via radio communications aligned to the OT UG Radio Voice Communications Protocol.
- Recording of operational data, shift schedule variance causes and Tactical Control decisions.
- Handover all safety and operational shift status to cross shift.
- Working with the Tactical Engineering team to ensure variance to schedule is understood and actioned.
- Working with the Management Operating System team to ensure continuous improvement of Tactical Control processes.
- Working with the Tactical Integration scheduling team to provide feedback on draft shift schedules.
- Providing roster coverage for other Tactical Control roles.
- Champion the Tactical Operations mission, priorities and goals; and
- Act fairly, honestly and consistently in line with The Way We Work and OT Behaviours.
What you will need for this role
- Bachelor’s degree in process engineering or equivalent tertiary qualification
- At least 3 years relevant experience, or otherwise the significant practical experience and on the job training
- Experience operating a crusher and MHS.
- Experience working underground is preferred.
- Experience working in a Control Room.
- Experience with SCADA software.
- Proficient in MS Office Excel, Outlook; and
- Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions, skilled in safety practices and recognizing hazards
- Ability to work in team
- Good in oral and written English communication is preferred
Please click HERE to go to Oyu Tolgoi LLC Online Application System or go to the OT portal, select your vacancy and click on the link in the bottom.
- Please make sure to attach the following documents:
CV in English and Mongolian
Cover Letter in English and Mongolian
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.