Analyst Data & Systems
Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 94 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for one (1) Analyst Data & Systems in Oyu Tolgoi Underground Project – Geoscience and Services department based at Oyu Tolgoi mine site with roster of 2 weeks on and 1 week off.
The primary purpose of this role involves the analyzing geotechnical data for outcomes targeted by the geotechnical department, along with the maintenance of database and software system.
What the role entails
- Develop and maintain the mixed on-prem and cloud based Geotechnical department computing and software development environment
- The maintenance of a Kubernetes cluster
- Compliance to cyber security policies
- Development and maintenance of a development environment including code repositories,
- CI/CD pipelines and automated deployment
- Deployment and maintenance of required software components (e.g., Redis, Kafka, PostgreSQL, Nginx, etc.)
- Performance monitoring
- Participation in the architecting of software and the participation in software development is also expected
- Leading the way when working with internal and external stakeholder and venders to produce a world-class integrated data system for OT geosciences
- Writing and the maintaining of scripts in Python, R and SQL and construction of required documentation to support them
- Help develop and implement an automatic holistic reporting system for the Geoscience team
- Work with the project team members in troubleshooting and identifying fixes for project related database problems
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Insuring excellent data quality, across all system, erroneous data is flagged for review by engineers
- Preform analyses on large datasets (point clouds and seismic data)
- Carry out UAT on new databases and systems
- Understanding and complying with all OT policies, standards and procedures
- Ensure database and system administration processes are followed as per policies set for each function
- Travel to OT site and other OT locations as and when required
- Report incidents to ensure that service levels relating to availability, reliability, performance and response are met
- Escalate key issues to superintendent or manager in a timely manner
- Liaise with resources across multiple internal teams as well as suppliers’ technical teams and other subject matter experts to support services
- Achieve agreed service objectives and KPI’s as determined by their leader
- Implement changes in a planned and controlled manner, with minimal disruption to users and following required change processes
- Identify and implement improvements within the assigned areas of responsibility to deliver cost efficiencies, and improvements effectiveness, reliability and stability
What you will need for this role
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics or Computer sciences or other related field
- Minimum 3 years of related work experience in similar roles
- Good data analysis skills
- Good computer skills including proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel and Office suite and Linux, Python, Kubernetes, Docker, SQL, GIT, CI/CD tools (e.g., Gitlab-ci,Jenkins), Terraform and Networking
- English competency (both written and oral) is essential
- Strong demonstrated commitment to safety
- Must be able to demonstrate problem solving skills, project management skills and familiarity with continuous improvement tools
- Please make sure to attach the following documents:
- CV (in English and Mongolian)
- Cover Letter (in English and Mongolian)
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.