Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 95 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for one (1) Supervisor Electrical in our Oyu Tolgoi Expansion Project based at Oyu Tolgoi mine with roster of 14 days on and 7 days off for temporary opportunity with possibility of extension.
Electrical supervision of all project daily activities required for the safe construction and/or alteration of surface and underground infrastructure required for the project. Ensuring safety standards are followed in all areas where the project construction activities take place.
What the role entails
- In-field monitoring, supervising and influencing work activities to ensure safety, quality and productivity are of the highest calibre. Ensuring that all work is carried out safely, to high quality, within Government Regulations and according to company policy. Ensuring all permits and JHA’s are in place, accurate and understood by the workforce.
- Preparing the following day’s activities with regards to required permits, materials, equipment, tools and labour. Ensuring daily plans and look ahead planning is constantly reviewed and reported on
- Reviewing/preparing timesheets. Reviewing completed TRACK forms, JHA’s and Permits. Actively participating on the development of on the Job Training Plans.
What you will need for this role
- Degree in Electrical Engineering and Trade Certification
- At least five (5) years’ experience in all facets of electrical control and distribution equipment mining environment.
- Previous Experience or Similar in High Voltage Operations
- HV Switching Competences
- First Aid Training
- Strong oral & written communication skills.
- Good English speaking/writing ability
- Excellent supervisory skills and experience
- Ability to issue write or receive switching/isolation instructions for high voltage work up to 35kV
- Working knowledge of HV, MV, LV and ELV electrical distribution and protection systems
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.