Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 95 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
If you share in our vision, we encourage you to apply for the relevant opportunity at Oyu Tolgoi.
We are looking for one (1) Accountant, Tax in our Finance department based in Ulaanbaatar with fixed term of one year to cover the maternity leave.
The main purpose of the role is to ensure that Oyu Tolgoi LLC is Mongolian tax compliant, and specifically that Government royalty return calculation and payment is timely and correctly done also to give appropriate advice on tax matters to other departments of Oyu Tolgoi, e.g., Procurement, Logistics so on. Cooperating with Mongolian Taxation Authority and General customs authority regarding above mentioned tax matters is another main part if this role.
Purpose of our Taxation team within Finance department is to deliver measurable value to OT LLC through driving the establishment or improvement of the financial/tax services and specially to ensure the company is tax compliant.
What the role entails
- To ensure that the company is Mongolian tax complaint with regards to Government royalty return
- To prepare the calculation of above mentioned tax return.
- To effectively cooperate with Sales and Marketing team to ensure the base information for royalty tax return is complete and correct.
- To cooperate with MTA tax auditors during the royalty tax audit and take necessary actions to represent and defend the company’s position.
- To effectively communicate with external government agencies and external and internal auditors.
What you will need for this role
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting.
- Certified Tax Accountant and/or CP
- At least 4 years’ experience in tax compliance area; previous working experience tax department of companies or Mongolian taxation authority.
- Proven technical tax skills and abilities in taxation area.
- Strong technical skills in Microsoft office suite, in particular advanced Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with SAP and Navisoft accounting soft wares would be desirable, but not essential- can be though on the job.
- Decent communication skills in Mongolian and English to cooperatively work with external and internal stakeholders- both written and verbal.
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.