Supervisor Medium Mobile Equipment
Oyu Tolgoi in Mongolia is a copper-gold mine consisting of an open pit mine and underground development, processing plant and supporting infrastructure to produce high grade copper and gold concentrates. Oyu Tolgoi will utilise a Mongolian workforce that will be trained to effectively operate and maintain the processing plant. Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce is more than 94 per cent Mongolian.
We are looking for three (3) Supervisor Medium Mobile Equipment (MME) in the Open Pit – Maintenance department based at Oyu Tolgoi mine with the roster of 14 days on and 7 days off.
The purpose of the position of the MME Maintenance Supervisor is to provide professional leadership and direction for the Open Pit Maintenance team through the use of world class mining practices. The primary purpose of this position is to coordinate and communicate safety, health and environmental activities and expectations to the subordinate teams of maintainers, field servicemen, store persons, lowboy operators and contractors on site to effectively meet the needs of the TSF (Tailings Support Facilities), Open Pit and Concentrator Operations Departments.
Reporting to the Superintendent of MME or his delegate, the MME Supervisor will direct and carry out planned (PM’S) and reactive repair activities both in the shop and field providing maximum fleet availabilities within a safe work environment.
What the role entails
- Ability to work rotating shifts in potentially extreme climatic conditions.
- Ability to work the hour’s necessary both prior to and following the regular 12 hour work schedule to complete the required repair turnover with other supervisors and complete required reports.
- Conducts shop and work area inspections with each oncoming or outgoing supervisor to identify and correct any potential safety or environmental concerns and to prevent unnecessary production loss.
- MME Supervisor must work closely with the HME(Heavy Mobile Equipment) Supervisor to ensure there is proper alignment of tools, manpower and shop space daily, from the start of their handover process through the end of each shift. The MME and HME
- supervisor must plan their day out together and equally share the prestart meeting duties daily.
- Ensure maximum productivity is achieved by optimizing use of key maintenance personnel while following the predetermined maintenance schedule as well as unexpected, unplanned and unscheduled break downs.
- Must demonstrate commitment to good safety and environmental policies, practices and adhere to all governmental regulations.
- Direct supervision of a team from 20-30 members of Maintainers, Store persons, Field Servicemen, Lowboy Operators and contractors.
- Provides clear direction and expectations to maintenance team members regarding planned/scheduled and proactive/reactive managed maintenance practices.
- Ability to recommend and implement change when required to eliminate potential safety, environmental and production challenges in a moment’s notice.
- Accurately and timely completion of required forms and documents.
- Proactively monitor work performance, maintain quality and standardization of work orders and to provide daily communication with the TSF, Mine Operations/Mine Care staff to support the work plan by providing continuous feedback of timelines and completion
- Provide continuous positive improvement feedback to the maintenance planning team to help better improve the work planning process.
- Provides guidance and input for the quarterly and yearly performance objectives/reviews of their team members.
- Promotes a culture where safety emphasizes personal awareness and responsibility and leads by example.
- May serve as custodian over a specific Rio Tinto Safety standard.
- Monitors and supports OT goals, objectives, KPIs and yearly area business plans and budgets.
- Ensures maintenance planning schedules are complied with and knows how and when to move around maintenance tasks if there needs to be adjustments made throughout the shift.
- Understand and build external relationships to strengthen and sustain employee performance.
- Take responsibility and accountability for own behaviour, performance and development.
- Continue to stay updated on all SAP and computer software related tools to perform the job.
- Must learn and follow all HSE reporting processes and procedures in accordance with OT Prospect.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Mongolian light vehicle Drivers licence and site driver’s licence.
- All other tasks and duties as assigned by Superintendent or Delegate.
What you will need for this role
- Mechanical and Maintenance Engineering degree or related field experience;
- Mechanical and Maintenance knowledge of Caterpillar, Komatsu, Liebherr, Terex and other related open pit mining equipment
- Demonstrated commitment to Safety
- Forward thinking and attention to detail skills
- Quick decision making skills when required
- Demonstrated organizational and team leadership skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skill
- Demonstrated, participative problem solving, continuous improvement and sustaining implementation skills
- Intermediate level English language
- Proficient on computer with strength in MS office (word-excel)
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.